It’s Valerie’s birthday this week so we wanted to show you how to bake a cake in a cast iron pan in our T@B trailer. As you probably know, there is no oven in the T@B so we had to improvise a bit. Instead we used cast iron pans as a dutch oven. Also, we typically prefer to cook outside but wanted to give you the full indoor cooking experience. Enjoy!
How to Bake a Cake in a Cast Iron Pan
- cake mix (we prefer Funfetti)
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- nonstick spray
- frosting of your choice
- Mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Add mix to your cast iron pan*– we use Lodge because it comes pre-seasoned.
- Cook on LOW. We learned this one the hard way.
- Cook for apx 20 minutes. Try not to open the lid until you start smelling cake.
- Stick a knife in the center-if it comes out clean it’s ready!
*indicates an affiliate link.