We are always looking for great cast iron skillet recipes and this skillet hash and eggs recipe can’t be beat. It’s a few simple ingredients and the flavor is delicious.
Skillet Hash and Eggs Recipe
COOK TIME: 3O MINUTES
- 2 cups Shredded potatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mozzarella or cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp oil oil
- salt + pepper to taste
- Cilantro or parsley (optional)
- Add olive oil to your cast iron skillet and set to medium heat.
- Add potatoes, season with salt and pepper, and crisp on both sides- this takes between 5-10 minutes with packaged shredded potatoes. If using freshly grated potatoes, this will take closer to 15 minutes per side.
- Remove potatoes from cast iron and set aside.
- Put onions into cast iron and saute until translucent, approximately 6 minutes
- Add mushrooms and broccoli, more salt and pepper, and saute until tender- approximately 10 minutes
- Add back in crisp potatoes and mix well.
- Sprinkle grated cheese over top of mix and crack two eggs on top.
- Cover cast iron and cook for approximately 10 minutes or until the whites of the eggs are cooked and the cheese is melted.
- Add salt, pepper and parsley or cilantro for added flavor.
- Serve and enjoy!