Vietnamese Spring Rolls – a great cool recipe for a sunny afternoon or dinner in. It’s fun to create the wraps and eat as you create. Great for the whole family.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
1. Chop Vegetables
2. Collect the ingredients on a plate
3. Heat water to soak the rice papers
4. Dunk the rice paper in the water until slightly soft.
5. put your favorite veggies on the paper
6. fold the paper up and roll it
7. Serve and Enjoy!
- 1 cup rice noodles
- 10 rice wrappers
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 cucumber
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup snow peas
- 4 tablespoons cilantro
- 2 limes wedges
- 3 cups water
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 1 very small sliver of butter
- Crack eggs in a bowl and gently break the yokes. Do not mix. Put eggs into a frying pan with butter and cook apx 3 minutes each side. Cut into stripes and set aside to cool.
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil and cook rice noodles for 3-5 or until al dente. Rinse under cold water to cool. Drain all access water then add sesame oil and mix well. Set aside to cool.
- Cut red bell pepper, cucumber, and snow peas into very fine stripes.
- Fill a large bowl with remaining hot water. Dip one rice wrapper into the hot water for 1 second to soften. Lay wrapper flat. In a row across the center, place sliced vegetables, a handful of rice noodles, cilantro and egg, leaving about 2 inches uncovered on each side. Fold uncovered sides inward, then tightly roll the wrapper, beginning at the end. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Serve with sweet chili sauce and a lime wedge.
Want to be the first to hear about new healthy recipes? Subscribe here!